Museum of Science and Industry Employment
This position is responsible for designing and directing art for OMSI's publications and advertising, establishing and maintaining OMSI's identity and the development of a cohesive, consistent graphics package for the museum. Responsibilities also include the ongoing evaluation of OMSI's publications, providing direction for design, content, printing and cost saving methods whenever possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the design, production and vendor estimates for OMSI materials, including brochures, rack cards, flyers, catalogs, campaigns, promotional material for OMSI special events and business units including, Science Store, Planetarium, Theater, the USS Blueback Submarine, science classes, Outreach, Teacher Ed, Volunteers and others.
• Aid in the creative concepts and identity support for new programming, social media campaigns, and exhibitions.
• Facilitate client relationships, asset collection, and final delivery.
• Responsible for monitoring publication budgets and production timelines.
• Assists in proofreading for grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Attends meetings with OMSI staff and vendors to aid in the design and production of publications.
• This position is exempt, paid salaried
• This position is regular full-time, scheduled for 40 hours/week.
• Physical Demands: 80% Sitting 10% Standing 5% Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling 10 Pounds
• Vision requirements include color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left or right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth and perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distance and spatial relationships), and ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp focus).