Imperial Staffing Services
Imperial Staffing & Associates is a premier search firm specializing in recruiting services for Promotional Staffing, Clerical, Top - level executives, mid - management, administrative, accounting, technical and industrial staff. We understand that leadership capital is the prime source of competitive advantage. Our Professionals deliver leadership. Our Client is looking for an Insurance Business Analyst I to consult with Business Unit Managers to determine technology requirements that support organizational business goals in the WC insurance industry. This position reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs as well as documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and designs systems to parallel overall insurance business strategies. Must have insurance industry experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate implementation of the system software, including conversion of data to the new system, and work with application support personnel to resolve system problems.
• Define project requirements based upon expressed needs of customers. Help identify alternatives.
• Develop and execute system and acceptance test plans.
• Perform and coordinate system testing activities.
• Assist planning of implementation and coordination of new system training as well as document test results.
• Responsible for prioritizing requirements based on business benefit/impact and cost
• Communicate prioritization and requirements to Management.
• Monitor enhancement release time lines for multiple software applications and report status and issues to Management.
• Analyze systems and processes, coach and consult with customers on transformation, process change issues and implementation.
• Serve as a liaison and facilitator between our client and system development personnel.
• Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of applications.
• Work closely with our client to understand business processes and underlying informational and/or process automation needs including standardized report generation from multiple systems.
• Produce business requirement documentation for new and existing applications.
• Write technical procedures and system documentation for the in-house developed databases including operations, user guide, etc.
• Define curriculum, design material and train End Users on in-house software.
• Design enhancements and maintain multiple Access Project databases (Potential to convert Access Project front-end to a VB GUI). Plan and execute database implementation.
• Provide consultation to programmers, project leaders, and customers. Provide overall business vision to programmers and project team.
• Work with Business Unit Managers to enhance and maintain Business Unit Access databases.
• Develop and maintain a UDB SQL Database based on CPG business requirements as well as an interactive front end enabling Users to run standardized reports.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess strong analytical, organizational and prioritization skills as well as highly developed oral and written communication skills. This individual should be able to work independently and/or as part of a team to establish and meet deadlines. This job requires insurance industry knowledge, specifically of Commercial Lines of insurance with focus on Workers' Compensation, General Liability, and Auto Liability.
It will be necessary to quickly learn about our client’s systems so that the individual can design effective and complete test plans and work with developers to ensure that discovered deficiencies are corrected and re-tested in a timely manner.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have insurance industry experience.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (or equivalent) and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a Business Analyst or Project Management capacity is preferred. The candidate must have working knowledge of database design, systems development life cycle and systems development methodologies.
• The candidate must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and expert knowledge of Excel and Access. The candidate should also have programming knowledge in languages such as: Visual Basic (1-2 years of programming experience is preferred), SQL, Access Project, Java